RDA Europe: the European plug-in to the Research Data Alliance (RDA).
The Research Data Alliance (RDA) is an international member-based organisation focused on the development of infrastructure and community activities to reduce the social and technical barriers to data sharing and re-use and to promote the acceleration of data driven innovation and discovery worldwide.
RDA Europe, the European plug-in to RDA, is mandated to ensure that European political, research, industrial and digital infrastructure stakeholders are aware of, engaged with and actively involved in the global RDA activities.
The objective of RDA Europe 4.0 is to become the centrepiece for an EU Open Science Strategy through a consolidated European network of National Nodes, bringing forward an RDA legacy in Europe, providing skilled, voluntary resources from the EU investment to address DSM issues, also through an open cascading grant process.
The ambitious 27-month project comprises 5 Partners and 9 Third Parties (the National Nodes) all of which are domain skilled, complementary institutions and organisations that have been drivers of RDA in Europe since its launch in 2013.
- TRUST-IT SERVICES LIMITED (TRUST-IT)
- GEORG-AUGUST-UNIVERSITAT GOTTINGENSTIFTUNG OFFENTLICHEN RECHTS (UGOE)
- ROYAL IRISH ACADEMY (RIA)
- RESEARCH DATA ALLIANCE FOUNDATION (RDA FOUNDATION)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH (UEDIN)
- Athena Research & Innovation Center in Information Communication & Knowledge Technologies, Athena RC, GR
- Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, BSC, ES
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, CNRS, FR
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, CNR-ISTI, IT
- CSC-Tieteen Tietotekniikan Keskus OY, CSC, FI
- Data Archiving & Networked Services (DANS), NL
- Max Planck Gesellschaft zur Foerderung Der Wissenschaften E.V MPG, DE
- National Library of Ireland, (NLI), IE
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC), UK